UAE Labour Card: The labour card is a crucial document that serves as a form of identification. It is issued by authorized organizations like MOHRE or free zones and must be carried out at all times. This card contains significant details, including the employee’s name, occupation, employer, nationality, expiration date, personal identification number, work permit number, and labour card number.
Both the worker and the employer rely on this information to ensure the smooth operation of the labour market. It’s worth noting that the UAE government no longer issues physical labour cards. Instead, employees need to download and print a copy of their labour card, as explained in more detail below.
UAE Labour Card Eligibility
Irrespective of their job nature or nationality, every employee working in the UAE requires a labour card. This includes both local and foreign workers in both private and public sectors.
To be eligible for the UAE labour card, both employees and employers need to meet specific requirements as mentioned below:
- Age criteria between 18 to 60 years old.
- Educational qualifications that match the job description.
- Clear the medical examination and provide the medical certificate issued in their home country.
- Accurate record-keeping without holding onto expired labour cards.
- The salary offered to employees should align with their profession’s standards.
- Strict adherence to the procedures laid out by the Ministry.
- It’s crucial to note that employers have to provide their employees with the UAE labour card within 60 days of their arrival in the UAE. Failure to do so can lead to fines and accountability for the employer. Join hands in creating a responsible and lawful work environment that ensures the welfare of employees.
Applying For UAE Labour Card
To obtain a UAE Labour Card, you must provide specific documents to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). These documents include
- A completed application form
- A copy of your passport page with personal details and photograph,
- A copy of your visa page, a copy of your labour contract,
- A copy of your employer’s trade license and establishment card,
- A copy of your employer’s tenancy contract,
- A medical fitness certificate, and
- A copy of your Emirates ID.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, you can submit them to the MOHRE in person, by mail, or online. If you choose to submit your application online, you will need to create an account on the MOHRE website and follow the instructions provided after logging in. If you prefer to submit your application in person or by mail, you will need to fill out the application form and provide all required documents to the MOHRE.
Obtaining a UAE Labour Card is essential for every employee working in the country, regardless of nationality or profession. By ensuring that all required documents are submitted, you will be able to obtain your labour card and enjoy the benefits of working in the UAE with peace of mind.
Download UAE Labour Card
As per the latest updates, physical UAE labour cards are no longer issued by the authorities. Hence, if you wish to have a physical copy of your UAE labour card, you need to follow the steps given below to download and print it:
- Go to the official website of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).
- Click on the ‘Services’ option located at the top of the webpage.
- Choose ‘New Enquiry Services’ from the drop-down menu.
- From the ‘Choose A Service’ section, select the ‘Print Electronic Work Permit’ option.
- Enter your labour card number on the ‘Work Permit No’ tab and click on the search button.
- Select the ‘Print’ option located at the top right corner of the page, and your UAE labour card will be ready to download.
The Benefits of A Labour Card
The UAE Labour Card offers several advantages to expatriate labourers in the UAE, such as:
- Permission to work in the UAE
- Permission to reside in the UAE
- Safeguard under UAE labour regulations
- Social protection benefits
- Compensation for employees
- Benefits at the end of the service
Renew Your UAE Labour Card
To renew your UAE Labour Card, you must provide specific paperwork to the MOHRE.
- Firstly, you need to submit your passport and its photocopy displaying your personal information and photo.
- Secondly, your visa and its copy reflecting your personal information and pictures are mandatory.
- Thirdly, your work contract and a copy of your contract must be provided.
- Fourthly, you have to submit a copy of your employer’s trade license, establishment card, and tenancy contract.
- Additionally, a copy of your medical fitness certificate and Emirates ID, including its photocopy, must be submitted.
- After obtaining all the necessary paperwork, you can either go to the MOHRE office in Dubai and submit it in person or send it via mail to the MOHRE office in Abu Dhabi.
UAE Labour Card Fees
The fees for obtaining and renewing a labour card in the UAE can vary from AED 250 to AED 3,450 depending on the classification of the company. To obtain a complete list of fees for obtaining a labour card, please refer to the official list.
UAE Labour Card Fine Check
To verify any fines associated with your UAE Labour card, utilize the following steps:
- Access the website of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).
- Locate the ‘Services’ tab located at the top of the webpage.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘New Enquiry Services.’
- Proceed to the ‘Choose A Service’ section and select the ‘Fine Calculator’ option.
- Enter your labour card number in the designated ‘Card No’ tab and click ‘search.’
- After completing these steps, you will be able to confirm any fines associated with your UAE labour card.